Horse Wise® is seeking a part-time video intern to help create educational content for social media and online learning.
Horse Wise helps people learn horsemanship. We don’t give traditional riding lessons. Instead, Horse Wise teaches people how to observe and understand equine behavior, personality and biomechanics. Whether clients are novices or a seasoned riders, Horse Wise helps clients “see” horses from a new perspective.
Description and Duties
- 15-20 hours per week (includes weekend duties)
- 4-6 weeks duration
Set up, film and assist in the editing of the following subjects:
- Assessment, handling and training sessions with horses
- Webinar and online course content
- Interviews with students, podcast guests and teachers.
- Action sequences of horses at local horse events, in their pastures and so on
- Footage of horsemanship lessons and demonstrations
- Must be age 18 or older
- Experience in videography and editing
- Understanding of how to film diverse footage (ranging from action sequences to interviews)
- Ability to assess lighting conditions and sound recording options
- Some interest in horses helpful
- Good work ethic
- Ability to work independently
- Energetic, optimistic , reliable and professional
Top consideration will be given to candidates in collegiate graphic design/film/fine art programs.
Internship includes pay of $12-$15/hour (depending on skills and experience level). Position includes possible opportunity to be hired for ongoing project work.
How to Apply
To be considered, please gather and email to horsewisecoach [at] icloud.com:
- A short video (as link or file under 15MB) that demonstrates your filming and editing skills.